Instagram, known for short as IG is an app that allows its user to upload pictures and videos, to follow each other, and also to like and comment on the photo or video of another user.
There are moments when you might come across a certain video that you like and would want to have the video on your phone. But the question is HOW? Grab a chair, sit down and relax, I am going to show you HOW.
Downloading a video on Instagram is mostly dependent on the kind of the type of electronic gadget your use to asses this application.
How To Save Instagram Videos From Any Device?
You will be able to save Instagram videos easily with various devices such as Android phones, iPhones, and personal computers after you read this article.
HOW TO SAVE AN INSTAGRAM VIDEO IN ANDROID DEVICE
There is an abundance of phone apps you will find when you want to save Instagram videos on your android phone. Here are the steps to take.
- Go to Google play store, type Instagram video download in the search area. You will be given plenty of such apps to choose from. Check the apps with the best customer reviews then download and install the app on your phone.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone, scroll to the post/video you want to download. A video post usually has a video-camera icon in the top-right corner. Tap on the video you want and open it.
- There are three vertical dots at the upper-right corner of the video you just opened, tap on it and a drop-down menu will appear.
- On the drop-down menu that will appear, tap the option that says “copy link”. Go to the Instagram video download app you downloaded earlier from Google play store, open the app, paste the link in the provision available, the video will pop up, click on download. The video is now automatically saved to your phone. You can check your phone gallery and enjoy watching the video.
HOW TO SAVE INSTAGRAM VIDEOS ON AN iPhone
To save Instagram videos on your iPhone, you will also need an app. Some of such popular apps include IG save, Regrammer, and Insta Dp Viewer.
- First, go to the app store and download any of those apps mentioned above to your phone.
- Once the app is downloaded, there is a provision to log in directly to Instagram in the app. Enter your Instagram username and password and tap login.
- Search for the video you intend to save. You can enter a keyword in the search area if you have forgotten the name/creator of the video, and after you have seen the video you want to download, click on it.
- Once you tap on the post you want to save, the app will bring up several options. Click on the “save to gallery” option. You will then find the video on your phone’s camera roll.
HOW TO SAVE INSTAGRAM VIDEOS ON A PERSONAL COMPUTER (PC)
All you will need to save an Instagram video on your personal computer is the copy and paste the link.
- You will have to first download any Instagram video download software of your choice on your personal computer.
- Go to Instagram on your computer, and log in.
- Search for the post you want to save and click on it.
- Copy the link of the video you want to save. Click on the post, it will pop-up in a new window. Then a custom URL will appear at the top of your screen. Copy the Instagram video’s URL.
- Go to the Instagram download tool that you have, paste the Instagram video’s URL that you copied earlier, and press “enter” on your keyboard.
- After you press “enter” on your keyboard, a new screen with the video playing will appear. Over the video, you will see three dots at the lower-right corner. Click on the dots, a menu will appear with two options. Click on the “download” option,the video will start downloading. Once the download is complete, you will find the video in your computer’s “download” folder.
There are different ways of saving your favorite Instagram videos to your device, but after careful research, this seems to be the easiest and safest